Sunday, May 24, 2009

Da Da Dah....

Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to Megan,
Happy Birthday to me!

A quarter of a century old today...wow. Pretty unbelievable when you stop to think about it. All of the things that have happened since 1984, and I'm still sitting here today. I am further than I thought I'd ever be- I have a house, a fish (still!), an almost-husband (3 1/2 months to the wedding!), some very amazing friends, and the best family. I do have it pretty good. Of course, there are all the little things- our fridge is not cold but no one can seem to figure out what's wrong with it, I desperately wish I had a cleaning lady- but all in all, I've got it pretty good.

The plants I have planted from seed in my yard are coming up strong! There are lots of leaves, and much green...no flowers yet, but hopefully soon!

My wedding shower is in 2 weeks! I am very excited. I have tried to control myself and not check out the registry on bedbathandbeyond.com, however, that plan is not going very well. I check pretty much every day...I love to see how many things have been picked up. I am obsessed with counting new items that have been picked up. It is bad, too, in a way, because in order to check the registry, I have to go through the home page, which always has so many cute things that I just HAVE to add on to the registry...I need to stop. It's an obsession.

12 days left of work, THANK GOD. If there was one more day I would just curl up under my desk and let the kids act like monkeys. I am so exhausted from these last 2 weeks that I am ready to drop. Time to start packing up the room and getting everything ready for summer. No summer school classes for me this year- nothing ran. Too bad, because it would have been a great deal more money, but good, because now I can focus on the wedding plans we have yet to finish. Busy, busy!

Speaking of busy, it's about time to leave for Mom's for my birthday breakfast, presents, and birthday cheesecake! Toodles!

No comments: