Friday, March 19, 2010

Marching On...(I'm so clever)

So March is more than halfway over, which means several things:

1. Derek & I have been married for just over 6 months *throws confetti*

2. There is one more week of school left before Spring Break (!), but it's a doozy- work Monday, work Tuesday & Master's class Tuesday night, work Wednesday, Open House @ work Wednesday night, work Thursday, 12:55 dismissal time on Friday. That's a LONG week here, people.

3. Spring Break is going to be super relaxing. I just wish the weather was going to stay warm (it was 68 yesterday!), but no, starting tonight it's going to be in the 30's again and possibly snow. Yes, snow. That means I have to put my sandals away :(

4. There are exactly 11 weeks of school left until SUMMER *major confetti storm* (not counting Spring Break week)

5. Once summer comes, we are getting a dog! Maybe a Jack Russell terrier, or maybe a Yorkie, or a Westie... lots of options.

6. I have started eating healthier/exercising. I have started on a health kick lately, which can only be good for me. I do not deprive myself of things I want, otherwise I will just eat more of it at a later date. I know this from experience. Instead, if I want a dish of ice cream, I will have it- but it's the one with half the fat (just as good!) in a pyrex custard dish. I still enjoy it, and it takes away my craving. I have also started walking for exercise too- just yesterday Derek & I walked 2 miles together in just under a half-hour! My feet are making me pay for it, though- I have 2 massive blisters. Oh well, I'll just have to break in my feet :-P

7. We have started SPRING CLEANING 2010. This entailed me making lists upon lists of every room in the house and what needed to be done in it. For example, the laundry room: vacuum top of heater, vacuum between washer & dryer, clorox wipe inside the washer, organize supplies, Swiffer mop (my new best friend) the floor. BUSY! But if we go a room per day, we'll be done in about 2 1/2 weeks. Yikes. Good thing some of the rooms are smaller (like laundry room and bathrooms) that we can combine- but then the hobby room is a day or weekend all on its own. Oh well. It'll be nice to have a clean, fresh, springy house :)

That's about it- going to get ready for my Dad's retirement party! He's officially retired from the Fire Department after 35 years. Hurray Dad! :)

No comments: